Like many of our young people today, I grew up with plenty of obstacles that I had to overcome:
- Father who spent time in prison
- Grew up in a single parent household
- Raised in a low income household
- Diagnosed with a learning disability at the age of five
- Being a black male in America
Growing up in this manner, the odds were not in my favor; despite these problems, I was able to graduate with a master’s degree, play in the NFL, become a college professor, and start my own business. Unfortunately, I am the exception. The vast majority of people who are raised under these conditions do not experience such success.
My purpose is to motivate young people to discover their full potential through teaching, coaching, mentoring, and speaking. I no longer want to be the exception! My mission is to inform and equip disadvantaged youth that despite their circumstances they can CHANGE THE RULE and become successful.